Tuesday 7 October 2014

Miss Radcliffe Meets......Ric Flo

RIC FLO from ATL, also known as "THE BEAT SNATCHER" is no stranger to the music game. With 30yrs in the industry he's headlined and shared stages with the likes of Angie Stone, Chuck D, DMX, Musiq Soulchild and many other greats artist.

Miss R: You started your first rap group at the age of 15. Tell me more about it.

I started my first rap group at 15 with a friend from school and another from the neighbourhood. Two popular guys in Jr. high decided to get together and run the neighbourhood. The group lasted a summer and I went on to start another called 'No ?' with another neighbourhood homie. Those were the days! 

Miss R:  Growing up, what type of music did you listen to?

I listened to everything that was soul.. from The Jackson's to Earth Wind & Fire up until Run DMC and LL Cool J hit the scene. It was all hip hop from then on. But I love every genre of music that I can understand and get exposed to. 

Miss R: How would you describe your style?


For those that  have never heard my music , I would describe my style as eclectic & unpredictable. Some days I'm Hip-Hop, other days I'm writing a rock  or love song, but everything I write and record touches the soul. 


  'Harsh' by Ric Flo
Miss R: What inspires your music?

Love, Life and People inspires my music. I love to give and breathe life into people. 


Miss R: Do you produce your own music too?

I work with a number of producers. I can produce however I focus on writing because I'm surrounded by some of the greatest musicians in the world



'Special' by Ric Flo 
Miss R: Looking back from when you first started out, how have you developed as a artist?

Since I started, I believe I've developed into a well rounded artist. One who not only can pick and produce but A&R mine and other artist projects. I'm a student of the game though so I'm learning everyday. 


Miss R: What has been your greatest opportunity in your musical career so far?

That's a very hard question, but I'm gonna say my greatest opportunity is at my door right now.
I've done a lot  TV, radio, blogs and released records and toured. Each opportunity has taken me to a higher level.
Industry wise, I'd say what's in the works now is the greatest and I can't spill the beans just yet.

Miss R: What are you working on right now?

Right now, I'm working on multiple projects. 3 albums, 2 books and a clothing line.
One cd project is set for February 2015. A album entitled "Valentine's Day" I don't have any dates on the other release, but I'm a entrepreneur so expect that I'm working and adding more to the plate as I flow. 

Miss R: Do you have any shows coming up?

For the rest of the year I'll be doing shows locally and preparing for a overseas tour 2015. 

Miss R: Who are your top 3 Hip Hop Artist?

My Top 3:
1. Eminem 
2. Chip Fu
3. 6lack of Team Phlyte 

Miss R: What is your favourite Hip Hop lyric?

You got me with this one because I have way too many favourites. Seriously! 

Miss R: Do you have any other interests/talents outside of music?

I'm interested in owning a lot of property. That's a huge interest of mine and I host a lot of shows and artist showcases. 

Miss R: You recently featured on a track by Lyriz "That Boy Good"
Are there other artists you would like to work with in the future?

In the near future I would love to collaborate with Wyclef, Chip Fu, Missy Elliot, Red & Meth, Onyx, Sza, Sean Paul, Common, Jasmine Sullivan .


'That Boy Good' by Lyriz ft Ric Flo

Miss R: What advice do you have for any upcoming artist?
 
My best advice to artists would be to keep the faith, stay consistent and be yourself.. The industry lacks authenticity. Dare to be different! 

Thank you Ric!!

Follow Ric Flo on IG & Twitter
Instagram: instagram.com/ricflo 
Twitter: @thebeatsnatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment