Sunday 3 May 2015

Miss Radcliffe Meets......Aaron London

After obsessing over the song "Whatever U Need" I had to see who was behind it. So, I caught up with the multi talented singer/songwriter, rapper and producer Aaron London!

His debut album "The Art of Procrastination" is out now via iTunes
(Go get that NOW!)
Miss R: When did this musical journey all start for you?

It started from early, I started by creating parody raps in primary.  I would find a popular hip hop song's lyrics and change the words to create a funny version of the  song and perform it live. Although this was not serious I would say this was where I began.
Miss R: Growing up, what genre of music did you listen to?

Boney M was the only album in my house when I was growing up. in 2000 I got my first computer and I started listening to music online. Being from East I was exposed to Grime from a young age but I listened to a lot of 90s R&B, Soul and Funk


Miss R: For those who may not have heard your music, how would you describe your style?


I would call it "Progressive/ Future R&B"

Miss R: You also produce your own music...are there any other artist you would like to produce a track for?



Nao, Goldlink, Waldo and JMSN

Miss R: "Art of Procrastination" is out now I heard the track "We Keep Movin" with Kieron Boothe and "Whatever U Need" instantly loved the vibes and sound. What reaction/feedback have you had for this album?


It's been received very well even though it's tough one to listen to if you only like an album to have one sound. but I've made it this way intentionally to showcase that good music does not derive from one genre.

Miss R: What is your favourite song from your album?

If I had to pick one it would be P. Y. P (Play Your Position) 
I love the energy.







Miss R: Do you have any shows/tour plans?

plan to do some live performances in the summer, but stay tuned to my Twitter  @Aaron_London
for info.  

Miss R: Are you working on any other projects right now?


I am currently working on two. The first project will be a short EP collaborating with Ozzie who produced "Got Love"  &  "Days in the West" and the second will be a socially conscious story based album it will feature a couple well known artists and like TAOP it will carry a message.
Miss R: What's your future plans/goals?
I am also currently building my independent label 'HIIPOWER' that will sign creative individuals from Artists, photographers, graphic designers to producers and vocal producers I then plan to establish the label/movement as a strong brand that can be identified by the masses and then branch into the fashion and art.





No comments:

Post a Comment