Friday 15 May 2015

Miss Radcliffe Meets......Cadeem

Introducing Cadeem, Hip Hop artist from Little Rock, Arkansas. USA.
I heard a couple tracks from his "On Earth As Is...(?)" mixtape and well, you all should know by now if I like what I hear I share it.

Rigamortis (Kendrick Lamar Response)



Miss R: Growing up, what type of music did you listen to?

Growing up I listened to Jazz pretty much as a kid. I found hip hop on my own when I was older. I started listening to more artists like Ludacris, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Chamillionaire, etc. I eventually started listening to more "Conscious" music as I got even older. That caught my attention more than anything and it made me more aware of my surroundings. (Immortal Technique, Slum Village, Killer Mike, MF Doom, Blackstar, Ras Kass, etc.)

Miss R: Tell me how it all started for you. When did you first start rapping and writing lyrics?

I been rapping basically all of my life. I started off in elementary school. But, I stopped because I didn't like myself. I didn't like what I heard. I heard everyone else but me. This feeling continued on through high school until one night I decided to take it more serious. In high school, I learned that I ACTUALLY could rap, and in college I realized that I really could do this as a career if I stay focused.
Miss R: How would you describe your style?

I would describe it definitely out of the box. I know that may sound like something everyone else would say but I feel that my music can speak for itself. I bring another perspective that not many others may take under consideration. I try to be relatable with certain subject matters but at the same time I like to challenge my people to think, imagine, and be spiritually aware, and understand that there is more to life than just their own.


"Respiration"


Miss R: Who/What has been your main musical inspiration?

It's kind of a funny story... Early on, I always wanted to make my style a jazz/hip hop fusion. But, when I bought an album from The Roots ("Do You Want More?!!!??!"), and the first track comes on and I immediately hear, "You are all about to witness some organic hip hop/ jazz," my first thought was, "Fuck..."  That was my love-hate moment with them. I have also been inspired by a poet by the name of Black Ice. I'm also inspired by being around like-minded people.

Miss R: What reaction have you had from people in your home town, are they supportive of your music?

Not really. I actually have more fans out of state than my own hometown. However, my support system who are in state but aren't from there originally whenever they get a chance to go to their hometown, they spread the word about me and my music.

Miss R: "In A World To Come" is your new project. What can your fans expect from this?


You can expect more maturity compared to my previous work. In my last project "On Earth As Is...(?)" I was a "rapper. In this project, I'm more of a musician.
I bring actual instrumentation and musicianship along with poetry to this project. I wanted my true love for music and art to be expressed more in this project. You can download "In a World To Come..." on datpiff.com, soundcloud.com, livemixtapes.com, audiomack.com, and I will also have physical copies so if you want one, DM me on social media and I will mail it to you  wherever you are. It should be out late May or early June of 2015!!!!! 

"Take Me Back"


Miss R: What other projects are you working on?

I'm currently working on a duel EP with a friend from my hometown named Dada entitled "Great MXNDS", which is expected to come out later this year. Also I am working on another duel EP with my friend and leader of my rap crew INK GANG named M.O.B Trey. The EP is entitled, "H.O.G. (Hand of God)", which will be out later this year as well. Also with that I am working on my next solo project that will be out in 2016.




Miss R: Have you had the opportunity to perform much, do you have any shows coming up?

I will be performing this Summer in Chicago, Dallas, my hometown Little Rock and Pine Bluff so look out world!!!

Miss R: Where do you want your music to take you? What is your ultimate goal?

Good question. I would like to go as far as receiving Grammy nominations for my work. I want my music to take me all around the world because of the universal message in it.

Miss R: Are there other artists/producers you would like to work with in the future?

The producers that I would like to work with would be of course J. Dilla, if he was still here. Also I would like to work Alchemist, AraabMUZIK, Pete Rock, and C.L. Smooth. N.E.R.D., Mali Music, Big K.R.I.T., Black Milk, 9th Wonder, Terrace Martin and Soundwave. Artists I would like to work with would be Rapsody, Pro Era, any T.D.E. artist, Nas, Common, Yasiin Bey, Chance The Rapper, Tech N9ne, Vince Staples, Odd Future, Erykah Badu, Jay Electronica, Phonte, Lalah Hathaway, Elzhi, anyone from Slaughterhouse, Gwen Bunn, and Lupe Fiasco.
Miss R: Are you familiar with any UK artist? If so who are you a fan of?


Not really. I'm more into the battle scene when it comes to UK artists. My favourite UK battlers are Eurgh, Cruger, and, Shotty Horror.

 Miss R: What other interests do you have outside of music?

I'm a family guy. I'm not a dad or anything. I just like spending time with my family and loved ones. I also drink on rare occasions. I mean, I'm a simple guy!
  
Twitter: @Cadeem_1606
Soundcloud here.

No comments:

Post a Comment