Friday 12 June 2015

Miss Radcliffe Meets......WordSmiff


(Pic from WordSmiffMusic.com)

I caught up with one of Brooklyn's finest emcee WordSmiff


Miss R: Who are your top 3 hip hop artist?

Nas, Hov, DMX are my top 3 favourites ever. Currently my favourites are Kendrick, Cole, and Wale.
Miss R: When did you start writing lyrics and get into the whole music scene?

I started writing music as far back as 3rd grade. Just writing little rhymes here and there and eventually over time. I got into the indie scene about 2 years ago. I was with a group a few years back, so I had to re-launch my solo career after we split to do our own thing.

Miss R: How would you describe your style?

Aggressive, Witty, and Fun. I put a lot of time into my pen game, but I definitely know when to have fun on wax depending on production of course.

Miss R: I like your music videos.(especially 'Young Gods' featuring Req Cartier) You seem to bring some fun in to music. Are you the brains behind the videos or do you have a creative team?

I'll come up with an abstract idea or someone else would, and from there we just piece it together. It happens naturally cuz we're all fools on the low. We like to joke and have fun. We're far from the average tough guy rappers. We want to bring the fun back into music.

WordSmiff ft ReQ Cartier 'Young Gods'



Miss R: I checked out 'Bars Over Everything ll: The Survivor'
And...it is just that.. 'Kill Them Before They Grow' is one of my favourites...I love the sound you brought throughout.
Do you have a favourite track? What are you working on now?



Picking a favourite track would be tough, because most were written with different styles. So I have a few favourites, but for totally different reasons. Right now I'm working on a joint project w/ ReQ Cartier entitled "Brooklyn's Finest" which should be here by middle of the summer. 


WordSmiff ft ReQ Cartier 'County Of The Kings'

 

Miss R: Do you find it hard as a independent artists to get the exposure you deserve?


I don't think I deserve anything, so the answer would be no. You have to earn your respect and exposure. Nobody can stop you from getting the love you deserve. All the tools are at your hands. It's on you to utilize them. So whatever exposure you get is what you deserve based on work ethic or efficiency of what you're doing.

Miss R: Apart from music, what other interests do you have?

Mainly film on the comedy side of things. I launched a comedy series awhile back and we're in talks of bringing it back. Again, just want to have fun with everything I'm doing.

Miss R: Are there any artist/ producers out now who you would like to collaborate with in the future?


Of course. It's too many to name. It's a lot of dope folk out there we want to work with and have already worked with. So the people just gonna have to wait and see :)

Miss R: What's next for WordSmiff..? What is your ultimate goal? 


My 1st solo album is up next. I'm just in the creative process of what exactly I want to do with it. How I want to present it, what I want to accomplish, who would I work best with. So I'm just working out the fine details and once I get that out the way, we're going to be full speed ahead with recording the album.


WordSmiff & ReQ Cartier 'Rap Rehab'




Twitter: @_WordSmiff_
Instagram: WordSmiffMusic
Facebook Page: WordSmiffMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment